Gingerbread Date Hot Cocoa
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups milk of your choice
2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup California Date sugar
Pinch of salt
Marshmallow cream (optional)
1) Make the gingerbread spice mix by combining the ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, and cloves into a bowl.
2) Add 2 cups of milk of your choice into a pot over medium heat.
3) Add the cocoa powder, date sugar, 2 teaspoons of your gingerbread spice mix, and a pinch of salt into the pot of milk.
4) Mix all of the ingredients into the milk until they fully dissolve.
5) Leave the hot cocoa on the heat until it reaches a slight boil, stirring occasionally.
6) Pour the hot cocoa into your favorite mug and add a spoonful of marshmallow cream.
7) Allow the marshmallow cream to melt off the spoon and float to the top forming a melted marshmallow layer on top of the hot cocoa.
8) Serve immediately and enjoy!